First Salt Cave in Connecticut!
Elements’ Himalayan Salt Cave Experience
Elements’ state-of-the-art Himalayan Salt Cave is a man-made subterranean environment, with solid pink Himalayan salt lining the walls and parts of the ceiling. The floor is loose pink salt, like sand on the beach. You will experience Halotherapy, a centuries old, Eastern-European treatment, known to alleviate various respiratory issues as well as general inflammatory complaints. The Cave is also useful for alleviating stress and as a tool to enhance meditation.
- Q: How does the Salt Cave Work?A: As the salt in the Salt Cave is ionized, these airborne elements generate a negatively charged ionized environment where germs and bacteria cannot survive. This environment also provides an anti-inflammatory and mucolytic affect. Halotherapy has been known to positively treat:
- Allergic Rhinopathy or Hay Fever
- Chronic Bronchitis
- Chronic ear-nose-throat illnesses
- COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
- Coughs and colds
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Ear Infections
- Smoker’s Cough
- Various acute or chronic respiratory diseases
- Viral infections
- Q: How much does it cost to go in the cave?A: $45 for 45 minutes / allow a full hour for the complete experience.
- Q: Do I need an appointment?A: It’s nice to know you’re coming in – just in case we’re full – but walk-in’s are good too.
- Q: When can I go?A: Elements is open 10 am to 8 pm Monday through Thursday; 10 am to 9 pm Friday and Saturday; 11 am to 6 pm Sundays. Salt Cave sessions are booked on the hour. Come in 5-10 minutes early to receive simple instructions and for a tour of the spa and facilities.
- Q: What do I wear?A: Street clothes are fine – Elements will provide you with clean non-slip socks for you to wear while in the salt cave.
- Q: What can I expect in the salt cave?A: A warm, comfortable, cave-like environment with soft light, beautiful music and warm, herbal neck wraps.
- Q: Do I sit/stand/lay down?A: Elements provides you with zero-gravity lounge chairs and blankets. It’s up to you to sit, lay back – whatever is comfortable for you.
- Q: Am I by myself or are there other people?A: There is room for 14 people to enjoy the salt cave, but there is the possibility you may be by yourself.
- Q: What else does Elements offer?A: We are a true spa – in that we have healing modalities that involve water – the word, “spa”, translates to healing with water. We have a wet room with a vichy and a luxurious soaking tub used for full body detox and therapeutic mud, salt and mineral treatments. As part of the true spa experience, we offer massage therapy and professional skin care with Naturopathica Holistic Skin Care of Long Island.
- Elements is a cell phone free zone – so please have your phone on silence.
- There is no food or drinks allowed in the cave – the cave is a sterile environment and contamination from outside sources is discouraged.
- There are virtually no known contraindications for Halotherapy (salt cave therapy), but if you have any concerns please ask our front desk coordinators or any of Elements’ staff.